Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Yesterday, I received an e-mail from my estranged, oldest daughter (I have two) who a while ago decided she doesn’t want anything to do with us.

Couldn’t she have used the phone?

What have we done to deserve this? What snapped and made her like this? I spend countless hours in misery wondering where she is, where she’ll be going and, for that matter, the same for my youngest and myself as well. Well, she tells me she’s fine and living in the City with her new boyfriend. His parents just love her! So do I. I wish somone would take their children away from them and see if they appreciate it. Perhaps I should have been a surrogate? The nerve of people in who think so highly of your children that they want to spend lots of time with them. So do I. They even give them ideas that their parents don't deserve them.
`
She hopes I’m well and hopes it doesn’t come to me calling the Police to file a missing person report again. I can’t guarantee that. I believe that after going to University for one year she’s been told never to give me the upper hand. And what about all this secrecy? I’m only her mother and have no influence on her life. They made sure of it. She’ll be 23 soon.

How many times have you heard of families falling apart, or rather crashing, in such bizarre ways when before they were a happy family? This happens more and more often and I’m convinced it’s a curse or a hex. We made the bad decision to move to a suburb of this City and found ourselves in the midst of cult groups. I should have alerted the Police or Authorities? I did. This is my payback. The Authorities either don’t believe you or they’re hesitant to do something about it. They don’t know what to do. They advise you to move out of town. “I guess I have it coming,” or so I’ve been told so many times.

Nothing goes your way anymore, your family abandons you, your finances and job prospects suffer greatly and next thing you know you find yourself with others who have had the same experiences.

We sit and compare notes and realize that there are far too many similarities to be just a coincidence or just “One of those things”. Most of us are divorced. Could it be that those ~Family Lawyers and Judges~ are doing the hexing? We’ve almost all had to go into the Courthouse for something trivial, in my case not even against the law, and they throw the book at us.

Everyone we speak to in the Social Services Sector tells us, “Can’t make them if they don’t want to,” regarding family members and children who refuse to help and the people whose mouths these words come out of are no help whatsoever. What does this tell us? We’re doomed. We’re all heading for those Nursing Homes where old people wander aimlessly and no one ever comes to visit.

Those in the teaching profession fall into the same mold. I wonder … do they tell their children what to do and make sure they follow their instructions? Yes. It seems to be some kind of a conspiracy so these people and their children will move up in the world and my children and I will fall into the welfare roles and become dismal failures. “Serves a double purpose,” they’ll tell you, “Don’t want them to take the upper hand.”

"We were too good!" Not anymore.
"How did we get this far?" No, we’re the bottoms of the barrel now.
“We’ll never get there!” Well, this is understood. I never expected to. We got just a little too close! No, not by a milestone.





Well, I guess living in a hick town all your life makes you incredibly narrow minded and always looking over your shoulder to make sure no one gets one up on you. How their worlds would crumble and collapse if they lived in the City with millions of people instead of a few thousand. We’re just like ants in a colony or more like fleas. We're practically invisible to the human eye when you get the REALLY BIG PICTURE.

I’m so glad I moved back to the City where no one gives me the time of day. I’ve become a total recluse, by choice, but being separated from my children has left me numb and not caring much about anything.

But back to the hexes and curses. They don’t go away. The cycle never seems to end. There are no steps forward, only backwards, over and over again, it’s a downhill tumble. You can see it coming and, it seems, when one of us fall the rest of us follow in their footsteps. We all fall down!

Who’s looking over us and putting us through this misery? It’s not God.

No comments: